WHAT’S NEW

CN STATION

WALKING TOURS

RESTORED BUILDINGS

CN STATION

Fort Langley’s CN Station was built for the Canadian Northern Railway in 1915 as agricultural expansion and new settlement were drawing more people into the Fraser Valley. Absorbed by the CNR in 1918, its life as a passenger station spanned steam to diesel eras until 1980…

READ MORE

DIXON HOUSE AND BARN

This grand farmhouse and the adjacent barn were built on highly productive lands that once belonged to the Hudson’s Bay Company and today remain in the Agricultural Land Reserve. After the BC Electric interurban rail line came through Milner in 1910, agricultural commerce quickly…

READ MORE

HARROWER HOUSE

Harrower House in Murrayville exudes country charm and local pioneer history. It’s not hard to imagine owners Robert and Mary Harrower relaxing with family on the verandah, chatting about the day’s events or chores that needed doing. Built between 1908 and 1910 from local timber, this one-and-a-half storey house was saved from demolition…

READ MORE

LAMB/STIRLING HOUSE

Lamb/Stirling House was battered and brokendown when the Langley Heritage Society began restoration work on this house with “good bones”, a partly enclosed verandah and decorative arched ornamental trim. Built in 1908 1910 by the David Lamb family, the house was originally located on a farm at 48th Avenue…

READ MORE

LATTIMER HOUSE

David Andrew Lattimer returned home after serving with the Canadian infantry in the Great War, he moved into this simple wooden house at Milner. It was built in 1910 by Robert Burns Hutchinson on land that was once part of the 2,000 acre Hudson Bay Company Farm.

READ MORE

MICHAUD HOUSE

Built in 1888 by Joseph and Georgiana Michaud, this was home to the first French Canadian family in Langley municipality. Today the house sits on a quiet street near the heart of the city, but it was once part of a thriving dairy farm. The first Roman Catholic mass was held within its walls, before an old school house…

READ MORE

MOIR HOUSE

George Robert Moir and his wife Christian sailed from Glasgow to Quebec in 1908. Their final destination: tiny Milner, British Columbia. George was skilled as a master blacksmith and soon set up shop near the family house that was built in 1909. The blacksmith shop was central to the emerging…

READ MORE

SPERLING CHURCH

When Sperling Church held its first service in 1912, it was an important addition to a small rural community taking shape beside the BC Electric interurban line. The electric railway had expanded to this part of the Fraser Valley just two years earlier, connecting people and goods (milk to mail) to the major urban centres of New Westminster and Vancouver…

READ MORE

WARK DUMAIS HOUSE

Two prominent Langley families lived in this elegant farmhouse on Glover Road; Robert James Wark was reeve (or mayor) from 1914 1918, and Albert Dumais and family operated an impressive dairy farm until 1963 (he purchased the 160 acre property in 1925 for $15,500)…

READ MORE

OTHER PROJECTS

READ MORE